Friday, June 17, 2011

Next Stop Maine.


So for those of y’all still checking in on me I’ll start with an apology for the lack of maintenance on the site over the last few weeks (you have my word this will never happen again). Fear not though loyal followers after two weeks of running water, air condition, cable television, and high gas prices I am packing up once more and hitting the trail. I returned home at the beginning of June for my younger brother’s high school graduation. Also while home to ensure that my hemorrhaging bank account would in fact see me to Maine I choose to work a little (thanks again to both my employers for allowing me to come and go so freely). I will be returning to Catawba, VA where I left off at the beginning of June and continuing North. Catawba is exactly 700 miles from the start of Springer Mountain, GA… so for those of you who are still counting that only leaves me with a mere 1,480 miles.  While I was at home I enjoyed spending time with family and catching up with friends, but my feet have yet to stop itching to get back on the trail. To say that I’m excited to get back on the trail would be an understatement. In the upcoming weeks I’m looking forward to putting Virginia behind me and also hitting the unofficial half-way point at Harpers Ferry where the Appalachian Trail Conservancy (ATC) head quarters is located. With very little excitement to report on since I’ve been home for nearly half the month I decided to upload the rest of the pictures I had taken in between Hot Springs, NC and where I left the trail in VA. So again to all of you out there still checking in and keeping up I appreciate all the support and again I apologize for the brief neglect of the blog. Click the link below to see the pictures.

From The Trail Part-2 Hot Springs, NC - Catawba, VA

Enjoy the pictures and check back soon,

El Perro  Out

2 comments:

  1. not to mention your sweet girlfriend who picked you up and took you to the lake for a relaxing weekend, and brought you home for all things mentioned above..whatever

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright! Keep it updated! Happy trails perro! Be careful as always!

    Diddo to everything michelle said!

    ReplyDelete